The Founding Coalition Members have worked extensively on cannabis law reform in Minnesota. We have a track-record of coalition building to pass monumental legislation in Minnesota to change how Minnesota treats cannabis consumers. Collectively, we have focused on collaborative efforts to reform Minnesota’s medical cannabis and hemp laws, and worked to build support for full legalization beginning with the introduction of legislation in 2017, and most recently, seeing full legalization passed in the Minnesota House of Representatives with a bipartisan majority.
Members of the MNisReady Coalition have chipped away at cannabis prohibition in Minnesota for the past decade making significant improvements to a poorly designed medical cannabis program, championing “fix-it” legislation, collaborating to make hemp-cannabinoid consumers safer and the industry more stable, and historically passing the first full cannabis legalization in the Minnesota House of Representatives.
MNisReady Coalition Member Policy Victories
- May 22, 2022: Minnesota Legalizes Hemp-Derived THC Edibles & Beverages
- December 1, 2021: Addition of certain edibles to medical cannabis program
- May 16, 2021:
- Smokable cannabis flower as an allowable delivery method for medical cannabis
- Expanding access to medical cannabis caregivers
- Allowing curbside delivery
- May 13, 2021: Minnesota House of Representatives passes HF600, which would legalize the adult-use of cannabis
- March 31, 2020: Peacetime emergency Executive Order continuing operations of the Medical Cannabis Program
- December 1, 2019:
- Addition of chronic pain as a qualifying condition for medical cannabis
- Addition of oral dissolvable edibles as an allowable delivery method
- December 1, 2018: Addition of Alzheimer’s disease as a qualifying condition for medical cannabis
- December 1, 2017: Addition of Autism as a qualifying condition for medical cannabis
- December 1, 2016: Addition of post-traumatic stress disorder as a qualifying condition for medical cannabis
In the Press
Members of the MNisReady Coalition are reliable sources for local and national media, and have built relationships with local publications and national publications. Our members have been featured by Marijuana Moment, NBC News, Politico, The Guardian, New York Times, Leafly, and nearly every local news outlet.
MNisReady In the Press
Join us out in the community by attending one of our events, or by visiting one of our partners at community events! Don’t forget to pledge to vote!